Decadent Chocolate Scrub

 A regular exfoliation ritual is incredibly important for smooth, healthy skin that glows with radiance and is easily able to drink up all your nutrient-rich skincare products.



Unfortunately, many conventional scrubs contain harsh abrasives that may scratch your skin and put your skin barrier at risk. So it's extremely important that you use a scrub formulated with gentle exfoliating ingredients. 

If however, you’d like to try whipping up your own scrub at home then you may want to try a sugar scrub, that you can enjoy as dessert too! I did this one after my workout this morning and just loved it. I used my cacao powder I had and it was a first.

P.S. Eating the RIGHT kind of chocolate is one of our favorite "beauty foods" to snack on :) 

~Tiffanyxx

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil in solid form
  • 1/3 cup almond oil
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao
  • a few drops of coconut extract or essential oil (tamanu or ylang ylang or frankinscence.

INSTRUCTIONS 

  • Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until combined. I like to mix with the back of a spoon until the coconut oil all breaks down and no chunks remaining. If desired, top the scrub with a few cacao nibs before packaging.Great as gifts.
  • To use the scrub, simply rub it over your skin and wash off! FYI: I do use this on my face. I do use it on my lips too – so perfect! As long as you are using this once a week or every other, it should stay fine at room temperature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health