DIY IN-SHOWER MOISTURIZER


DIY IN-SHOWER MOISTURIZER


In-Shower Moisturizer
In-Shower Moisturizer
In developing this “recipe” for the moisturizer, I wanted to choose natural ingredients that were really great for your skin, but not so many of them that it became complicated and tedious to make. So here are the five (not including the essential oil I added at the end) that I chose:
In-Shower Moisturizer
  • Shea butter, ½ cup
  • Coconut oil, 3 Tbsp
  • Beeswax, 1 Tbsp
  • Jojoba oil, 2 Tbsp
  • Aloe Vera gel, 2 Tbsp
To make the moisturizer, I began by melting the first three ingredients together in a make-shift double boiler. After it was all melted together, I poured it into a bowl and let it set up for a while.
In-Shower Moisturizer
After it came back to a solid state, I used a hand mixer to whip it up for a few minutes. Then I added the jojoba oil and aloe vera, and I also added several drops of Lavender essential oil. I did this both for its skin-friendly properties and for its scent, to help balance out the nutty smell of the shea butter.
At this point it had achieved a really nice, thick consistency, so I knew it was done! I put the mixture in a ziploc bag, snipped the tip off one end, and “piped” it into my container.
In-Shower Moisturizer
This made enough to fill a 4 ounce lotion bottle. To make more, just double the recipe. I decided to start small, but now that I know how great it makes my skin feel, I plan on making a double batch just as soon as this batch is gone!

To use:

Go about your normal shower routine. Once you are clean, smooth the lotion over your body, and then step back under the water to rinse off. Then get out of the shower and dry yourself as normal.
Trust me, you are going to love this stuff! It’s simple to make and it will make your skin feel amazingly soft and smooth.

DIY In-Shower Moisturizer
Ingredients
  • Shea butter, ½ cup
  • Coconut oil, 3 Tbsp
  • Beeswax, 1 Tbsp
  • Jojoba oil, 2 Tbsp
  • Aloe Vera gel, 2 Tbsp
Instructions
  1. Melt the first three ingredients together in a make-shift double boiler. After it is all melted together, pour into a bowl and let it set up for a while.
  2. After it comes back to a solid state, use a hand mixer to whip it up for a few minutes.
  3. Add the jojoba oil, aloe vera, and Lavender essential oil (optional.)
  4. When it reaches a nice, thick consistency, it's done!
  5. To use: Go about your normal shower routine. Once you are clean, smooth the lotion over your body, and then step back under the water to rinse off. Then get out of the shower and dry yourself as normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health