Coconut Flour Waffles


Fluffy Coconut Flour Waffles
One of my favorite breakfast foods is a waffle. I seriously think that I could eat a waffle for breakfast over and over again and never get sick of them. When I went grain free it limited what I could order on the menu and completely eliminated my ability to order waffles. And let me tell you, I was missing the waffles. So instead of jumping off of my grain-free way of eating for a waffle splurge, I decided to make a waffle recipe for myself.  And the waffles were amazing. They are light and fluffy, just like what you would eat in a restaurant. But they are healthy and won’t leave you feeling sick.
These waffles are nut-free, sugar-free and made with coconut oil. They are full of butter and eggs and will fill you up quickly. Top with a little more butter, some real maple syrup or some mashed strawberries and whipped creamfor another option.
Fluffy Coconut Flour Waffles
Ingredients
8 free-range organic eggs
1/2 cup melted butter or ghee (organic and preferably grass-fed)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon pink salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
2 teaspoons raw honey, optional (I did not use it in my recipe)
Directions
  • Take out your waffle maker. Start heating it up if it takes a while to heat or wait to turn it on if it’s a quick heating waffle maker. Ours heats very quickly so I waited until my batter was done
  • In a large bowl add the eggs and beat with an electric hand mixer for 30 seconds until the eggs are well beaten
  • Add the melted butter or ghee slowly into the eggs while you are still mixing
  • Add the coconut flour, pink salt, baking soda and coconut milk
  • Mix with the hand mixer for 45 second on low until the batter becomes thicker
  • Heat up your waffle maker and make the waffles according to your makers specifications. We have a Belgian waffle maker that makes HUGE waffles. Because of that I can’t tell you how many waffles this recipe makes. It made 3 waffles in our maker, and I couldn’t finish a whole one
Serve with butter or ghee and real maple syrup or mashed strawberries and fresh whipped cream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health