RAW Banana Coconut Cashew Cake
Raw Banana Coconut Cashew Cake
Ingredients for Crust
½ cup chopped Medjool Dates
½ cup walnuts or almonds
¼ sea salt
Directions for Crust
Add walnuts, salt and dates in food processor and pulse until finely chopped, or as chunky as you like. When you scoop it out it should stick together. You can now add the crust either to a 7” spring pan – if you don’t have one a wide bowl works, just be sure to line the bottom of the bowl with Saran wrap to prevent crust from sticking to bowl. Add the crust to bowl ontop of wrap and push around evenly, I like to work up the side of the bowl about 1/3 of the way. Put in fridge or freezer while you make the filling.
Ingredients for Filling
1 ½ cup raw cashews soaked overnight
2 tbsp coconut milk from can
2 small or 1 large ripe bananas mashed
1/3 cup raw coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or RAW honey
juice of two lemons
Directions for filling
I use a Vita-Mix – it’s powerful enough to blend the nuts without getting stuck, if you don’t have one try the food processor.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a small pan and add the maple syrup. Remove from heat and add to the Vita-Mix, along with cashews, and lemon juice. You will definitely need the Vita-Mix plunger to keep this moving.
2. When it’s all creamy, scoop out 2/3rds. and add it to your crust in a nice, smooth layer.
3. Leave the remaing third of the filling in the Vita-Mix and add the mashed bananas along with the coconut milk – blend.
4. Once blended, scoop out the remainder filling and add it to your crust, this should be your third layer. Smooth it out evenly and add to freezer.
5. You can lift the entire cake out of the bowl by holding the sides of the wrap and placing it on cake dish or other dish. I would pull it out an hour prior to eating this.
Sprinkling options for top of cake
Shaved or shredded coconut