10 Ways to Get Glowing Skin
How to Get Glowing Skin in 10 Easy Steps
Posted by Brittany Irvine
1. Use a Toner. After you cleanse your skin, making use of a toner is suggested. If you apply moisturizer and other products to dewy skin, they are more likely to latch on and act faster. Not only does toner bond products to your skin, but it evens the skins tone. Oily skin and clogged pores are among two types that could possibly benefit the most from using a toner. Be careful when choosing a toner though, there are multiple different varieties of which a few can be harmful or too drying to your skin type. Give Caudalie Beauty Elixir a try, it’s a toner/serum of oils and plant ingredients that soothe the skin and enhance natural radiance. (Caudalie Beauty Elixir, $49, Sephora.com)
2. Apply a highlighter. For a glow at night, never leave the house without a highlighter. A perfect sweep across the top of the cheek bones, on the cupids bow and where the sun might naturally hit will have you looking great without glowing like a disco ball. Try Nars Albatross, $29, Sephora.com.
3. Don’t touch your face throughout the day. We all know you get bored, tired or just simply annoyed. Most of the time, any of those emotions causes you to put your hands on your face in disbelief or anguish, but resist! Who know’s what you have been touching all day and with the circulation of germs, you’re more than likely to transfer them to your face leaving excess dirt for no reason.
4. Exfoliation! The answer to most skincare problems, if you exfoliate your skin you will see results almost immediately. Application of your makeup after adding exfoliation into your skincare routine is so much easier and makes your skin work with the makeup so it glows naturally.
5. Invest in a good primer. Although it’s not absolutely necessary, we like to take the easier steps to make our face have a summery glow. This step doesn’t require a treatment or a 15 minute mask, it’s simply one extra step in your daily makeup routine. Priming your face before foundation allows the formula to work with the primer and your face at the same time, making application smooth. Wear the primer alone for a simple glow. Try Benefit’s ‘That Gal’ Brightening Face Primer, $29, Sephora.com.
6. Try a resurfacing mask. We know that applying tons of products to our face on the daily is never a good thing, that’s why we feel like it’s important to have one product on our list that we can use once per week. For an instant glow try Tata Harper’s Resurfacing Mask that softens, refreshes and hydrates the skin with ingredients like witch hazel to reduce inflammation. (Tata Harper’s Resurfacing Mask, $55, Sephora.com)
7. Milk and Honey Mask. We’ve all heard of different types of masks that promote moisturizing, pore unclogging and more but one that works for brightening would have to be the classic milk and honey mask. One egg white and 1 tbsp of honey is all it takes to make a mask that will have your skin glowing using two pretty natural ingredients.
8. Brightening Sleeping Facial. Part of achieving and maintaining a bright and glowy complexion is evening out your skin tone and diminishing dark spots as much as possible. What’s better than waking up with brighter skin than the night before? Nothing. Try out Korres’ Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, $48, Sephora.com.
9. Choose a cleanser with brightening elements. If your skincare routine works together, your skin will thank you and thats why its better to chose a cleanser with brightening elements in its formula. The Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub has Active Naturals Total Soy Complex that evens out your skin tone, cleanses and softens. Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, $6.99, Aveeno.com.
10. Drink water and eat clean. The more water you drink, the more regular the toxins will flow out of your body. The cleaner your eat, the less toxins will enter your body. The easiest way to clear your skin and brighten your complexion is to treat it well.
Image via Istoc